Based in the heart of the Lake District, Castlerigg Manor, Lancaster Diocese’s residential retreat centre, welcomes young people all year round, and supports them to discover and grow in faith. Living in community at Castlerigg Manor, the Retreat Leader is responsible for preparing, presenting and coordinating our retreats, mainly for secondary school groups.
We are looking for a practising Catholic with initiative, enthusiasm and commitment to take up this exciting role. You will work with others in the leadership team and support our volunteers.
In return you will receive training, support and a real sense of reward in seeing young people grow and develop.
Closing date for applications
19th June 2017
Please help us to promote this vacancy, download the poster here.
Gap Years at Castlerigg
Are you excited about your faith and interested in working with young people? Each year a group of young adults commits to living together at Castlerigg for a year, sharing their faith and serving the young thousands of young people who come through the door.
Applications open for August 2017, or starting now.
We are looking for applicants who:
- Are over 18 (by the time of starting) and show a high level of maturity
- Are practising Catholics able to demonstrate a real commitment to their personal faith
- Have a genuine interest in working with young people, and helping them to grow in their faith
- Are willing to live, work and journey together, with other members of a dedicated team
- Demonstrate the ability (or the potential) to be able to lead group activities and prayer times
- Are honest, reliable and willing to work hard
- Present themselves professionally and behave in an appropriate manner at all times
- Are of good health and able to undertake regular activities, such as fell-walking