Castlerigg Manor is home to the Diocese of Lancaster Youth Service and is a residential youth retreat for young Catholics.
Based in Keswick, in the midst of the Lake District National Park, the manor building is a beautiful 19th century country house, set within six acres of land.
Open throughout the year, the youth retreat centre accommodates large school and parish groups, as well as other large parties wishing to use the Manor facilities.
- 18 bedrooms, with space for 72 residents
- Modern shower and bathroom facilities
- En-suite rooms for teachers and group leaders
- Family rooms
- Several large reception and breakout rooms
- Games room
- Dining room with views of Borrowdale
- Fully catering kitchen, serving home cooked meals
- Extensive garden
Activities are led by our in-house Youth Service team during the retreat, and include:
- Fun and games
- Walking and exploring nature
- Group prayer time
- Arts & crafts
- Social time with friends
- Group discussion
- Team building
- Camp fires
- Disco (optional, on last night of trip)
Please complete and return our short ENQUIRY FORM.
We’ll be in touch to confirm your dates.
Once we've done so, please complete a BOOKING FORM with all your details.
You can secure your chosen booking dates by paying your deposit — which you can do by post, to the address below:
R.C. Diocese of Lancaster Youth Service
Castlerigg Manor, Manor Brow,
Keswick CA12 4AR.